Stainless Steel Wool
Stainless steel wool is widely used in cleaning, sanding and polishing with chemical aids and wet substrates. Very suitable for use on tannic acid wood such as oak, mahogany, walnut, etc.
Stainless steel wool is also often used in pest control against mice and rats. It is also very suitable as filter material and damper wool.
Stainless steel wool
Stainless steel wool is specially suited for many muffler & exhaust manufacturers, industrial insulation, thermal insulation in power stations, gas and liquid filtration, pipe insulation, mist eliminators, heavy metal separation when corrosive, rust and heat are a concern.
Characteristics of stainless steel wool
- Continuous ribbon of Stainless steel wool, Type 434 (314 only on special order)
- Four common grades: Extra Fine (20 micron), Fine (50 micron), Medium (70 micron), Coarse (150 micron)
- Density is controlled and specified in grams per linear meter
- Excellent media source for corrosion resistance, noise reduction, and heat insulation
- Heat resistance up to to 800° C
- Typical reel size is ca. 10 cm wide and ca. 6-8 mm thick.
- Highly resistant to exhaust acids and high vibration, making it an excellent material for muffler baffling.